Life changing 24 hour challenge!
I’m challenging you!
To do my very simple 24 hour challenge!
Start right now! It does not cost you anything, it does not take up any of your free time. It will, change your life!
All you have to do is……say nothing negative for 24 hours straight. Not one thing! Just think of the phrase if you can’t say anything nice then don’t say anything at all!
I’m pretty sure you will catch yourself starting to spit something out and realizing its negative. For example I use to find my self venting to one of my co workers about something that happend at work or at home. After I finished my session of venting I honestly did not feel very good because it was a bunch of negative that came out. Negative thoughts and feelings.
Part of me felt horrible for taking my negative things and sharing them with someone else. I feel like it would change their mood or moral.
Then one day the light bulb came on! Why should I talk about something negative when I can change it! I can change the situation or learn to deal with the situation. Then simply if it cannot be changed let it be and learn to find the positive in it.
I honestly don’t think many people do this.
But seriously, I want you to not say anything negative for a day and see how many times you catch yourself. Prehaps it will change your view on something. Maybe you will find that you have such a negative outlook on something without even realizing it. For me it really got my gears turning and it has made me a more kind, compassionate and motivated person.
You will see your life change in many ways. Some interesting facts about bringing positivity into your life.
- Positive People Live Longer – In a study of nuns, those that regularly expressed positive emotions lived on average 10 years longer
- Positive work environments outperform negative work environments
- Positive, optimistic sales people sell more than pessimistic sales people
- Positive leaders are able to make better decisions under pressure
- Marriages are much more likely to succeed when the couple experiences a 5 to 1 ratio of positive to negative interactions whereas when the ratio approaches 1 to 1, marriages are more likely to end in divorce
- Positive thoughts and emotions counter the negative effects of stress. For example, you can’t be thankful and stressed at the same time.
- Positive emotions such as gratitude and appreciation help athletes perform at a higher level.
- Positive and popular leaders are more likely to garner the support of others and receive pay raises and promotions and achieve greater success in the workplace.
Trying to be less negative is no easy task at first but with time and practice it can be implemented into your daily life. You will see a change in life and people will see a change in you.
Leave me a comment below and tell me how your challenge went!